Groundhog Trapping & Groundhog Control
Groundhogs, also known as Woodchucks, can be quite the nuisance in many situations. Their burrows can be quite a hazard to livestock even going so far as to break their legs if they fall in and they can cause erosion issues. Their foraging can devastate gardens and crops as they can eat about a pound of food per sitting. They are also intelligent and can often learn ways to avoid traps and thwart control methods quite quickly. Our trapping and relocation program is focused on being humane and effective. We will get results while being compassionate with these and every animal we encounter and deal with in our control programs. Our Groundhog removal service area in North Georgia extends as far south as Alpharetta, Crabapple, Duluth, Johns Creek, Marietta, Milton, Roswell, and Suwanee then going as far north as Ball Ground, Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Ellijay, Gainesville, and Jasper. If you are outside of these areas just give us a call! We want to help however possible.
We charge a FLAT RATE TRAPPING FEE for One (1) week of Groundhog trapping – Woodchuck control. There is NO set up fee, NO per animal fee, NO need for an estimate or quote. The trapping fee is all inclusive: Five (5) trips out every single day to set the traps, check the traps and to relocate woodchucks trapped. It is the law in the State of Georgia that the traps are checked every single day – No exceptions.
We excel at humane Groundhog removal and relocation!
Daily trap checking is important for many reasons: 1) It’s the law, 2) Humane to the Groundhogs (Woodchucks) but equally important 3) It enables us to make the most out of your trapping dollars by our Professional Wildlife Technicians having the opportunity to reposition any traps that are not productive and rebaiting if necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU HIRE A PROFESSIONAL:
– We have to inspect the property to determine the best trap to use and location of trap.
– We use live cage traps that are effective and humane.
– During the hot months our live traps are kept in the shade when possible and we check our traps in the morning to assure the woodchucks are subjected to the least amount of stress as possible by being in the trap. Woodchucks hold up very well in our traps!
– We release woodchucks when & where permissible by law. While taking into consideration both food supply and water source.
– Any injured woodchucks trapped are taken to a wildlife rehabilitator to be treated then released when they are ready.
Call us (678)935-5900
WE CAN HELP!